Serving With Integrity Since 1987
Meet Our Staff •Pilgrim Policies •Accreditations •Client Comments •Office Pictures
•International Air Fare •Group Air Fare Savings •Mission/Church Travel•
CHOOSING THE RIGHT TOUR COMPANY IS VERY IMPORTANT!
• Many large and small tour operators have gone out of business over the last 12 years, taking the client's tour payments with them. There are current warning signs that there will be other companies going out of business in the next few months.
Some Web Sites are pretending to be tour operators. Most of these sites are part time sales efforts similar to sites available a few years ago, many of which are now out of business. Do not trust web sites that cannot correctly answer the questions below. Do not trust web sites that do not answer the phone, or answer in a generic way without mentioning the company name.
Many Travel Agencies are trying to function as a tour operator. Because of the cutback in travel agency commissions, travel agencies have gone out of business at an alarming rate. In an attempt to bring in new revenues, they are also attempting to be tour operators without the necessary financial stability and insurance that genuine tour operators are required to carry.
Foreign Tour Operators have very little accountability to a US client. If you use a foreign-based operator, it is very difficult to get a refund no matter what they may promise you. In addition to refund complications, insurance coverage, claims and unrealized package inclusions can become a nightmare to recover. Given the current financial difficulty in many countries, do not think that your tour dollars are safe when you transfer them out of the country.
Many Tour Operators are without appropriate insurance, trade association affiliation and accountability. When dealing with any tour operator, you must be assured that they carry the proper insurance coverage and are a member of a reputable US trade organization (NTA or USTOA). Always check the Better Business Bureau rating. Be very careful when dealing with a smaller office that does not have to prove financial strength or carry important coverage for itself or for clients. Historically, it has been easy for an agency to use the cash flow advance payments of a tour business to fund general operating expenses. This is likely to eventually result in financial default by the agency. A reputable company will hold advance payments and use them only as funding for the appropriate tour expenses.
24 Hour Emergency Contact. With Pilgrim, not only do you have a 24 hour service coverage, you will also have our personal cell numbers. This represents a great value and comfort for those left at home.
• Our Own Group Air Department. Our group contracts are the best in the industry and we control the ticketing. This is not the case with many tour operators.
Financially, Ethically, Professionally
QUESTIONS THAT MUST BE ASKED BEFORE YOU PURCHASE A TOUR PRODUCT:
1. Are you a member of a tour operator association that requires that you maintain a standard of ethical conduct?
2. Do you carry "Error & Omissions Insurance" and appropriate "Liability Coverage" for your client's protection? Does this coverage require that you prove financial stability and carry additional liability coverage from your vendors?
3. What is your standing with the "Better Business Bureau?"
About Our Company
"Pilgrim Tours - Member of NTA, Better Business Bureau (A+ Rating) and IATA"