& 7 Nights
The Caribbean coast of Costa Rica shelters the most complex rain forest in the country. Adventure, nature, harmony, peace and beauty are just some of the few words that apply to Limon, the Caribbean province of Costa Rica. This package is designed for someone who really wants to be close with nature. A visit to the well known Tortuguero for two nights including the Laguna Lodge and an additional two nights at the Cariblue Hotel, with its unique style rooms.You will also visit Irazu Volcano, the historical Orosi Valley and The Colonial Church.
Day 1: San Jose
Upon arrival at the Juan Santamaria International Airport, a representative will meet and transfer you to the Fleur De Lys hotel. Check in and overnight.
Day 2: San Jose - South Caribbean
You will be picked up at the Fleur De Lys hotel and depart to the South Caribbean. Palm trees and virgin rain forests are present along the road. The minimal development that has occurred on this side of the country has preserved the area as an ideal paradise where a sustainable relationship between man and nature happens everyday. Check in and overnight at the Cariblue Hotel.
Day 3: South Caribbean
Day at leisure for optional activities such as: tours to Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge, Cahuita National Park, snorkeling, or surf. Overnight at the Cariblue Hotel.
Day 4: South Caribbean - Tortuguero
After breakfast, you will be transfered to the Freeman Dock to begin your journey to Tortuguero National Park. A two and half hour boat ride will take you through the canals sheltered in the jungle. From your boat you will be able to admire the unique flora and fauna of this area. Check in and overnight at the Laguna
Day 5: Tortuguero
Today you will explore the smaller canals and get closer to nature. Explore the little village of Tortuguero or enjoy a walk on the beach. During the months of May through September you can take the optional turtle watching tour during the evening to admire one of the most impressive miracles of life. Overnight at the Laguna Lodge.
Day 6: Tortuguero - Turrialba
After breakfast you will be transferred by boat to the Freeman Dock to continue by ground to the Casa Turire hotel located in Turrialba, Cartago. Check in and overnight. Afternoon at leisure to take optional activities such as: horseback riding, boat trips, a plantation tour, the Guayabo Archeological Park, and the Serpentarium.
Day 7: Turrialba - San Jose
Check out early for your departure to San Jose stopping en route in Cartago, the former capital city of Costa Rica, then continue for a visit to the imposing Irazu Volcano, the highest in its class. This trip will delight your eyes with fascinating views. Walk to the edge of the crater that gives you ample time for admiration. Visit the city of Cartago and Los Angeles Cathedral, home of Costa Rica's Virgin Shrine. Continue to San Jose, visiting the historical Orosi Valley and the Colonial Church, home of the first Spanish settlers. Check in and overnight at the Fleur De Lys hotel.
Day 8: San Jose - Home
Transfer to the Juan Santamaria International Airport. (B)
- Arrival and departure transfer
- 2 nights in a standard room at Fleur de Lys Hotel (Tropical breakfast included)
- Unescorted transportation from San Jose to Puerto Viejo, Limon
- 2 nights in a standard room at Cariblue Hotel (Breakfast included)
- Unescorted transportation from Puerto Viejo, Limon to the Freeman Dock
- Boat ride with guide from the Freeman Dock to the Laguna Lodge
- 2 nights in a standard room at the Laguna Lodge (all meals, guided tours to Tortuguero Village and Canals)
- Unescorted transfer from Guapiles Town to the Casa Turire Hotel
- 1 night in a standard room at the Casa Turire Hotel (Continental breakfast included)
- Private escorted transfer from the Casa Turire Hotel to San Jose visiting the Irazu Volcano and the Orosi Valley
- Meals as indicated in your itinerary: B: Breakfast = L: Lunch = D: Dinner
- Hotel taxes
- English-speaking guides
Children under 7 years are not allowed.